Friday 30 August 2013

I am letting you go.

There are times when you realize that you, your hopes, your dreams are bigger than the people in your life. Its one of those times for me. There are times when you realize that inspite of loving someone with everything you have, they might not be satisfied. They will ask for more, and you will keep giving more. And in the process you lose yourself. Your identity. Your self respect.
Compromising and understanding is good in relationships but only to an extent, if a relationship demands more than you can give its time you break the chains and feel free.  Be it your lover, your spouse, a friend, a colleague anyone, you should always know where to draw the lines. If you let other people define your boundaries, they will always be in their favor not yours. They will always dominate you and suppress you. Its in human nature. So stand up for yourself.  Speak up if something is not right. And move on if you feel  you can’t take it anymore.

In life we always keep moving on, as we grow up, we realize who we are and what we want. And if there is something you don’t want, let go of it, keep the wonderful memories but let go of it.
A quote that I find worth sharing by Joel Osteen
“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, “I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I am not going to let this get the best of me. I am moving on with my life.”
So if that someone something Is taking the best of you, don’t let that happen.
Because


You are too special to be drowned. Swim. The shore isn’t far away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment